Thursday, October 13, 2011

Updated to official release of iOS 5

Just downloaded the official release of iOS 5 and tried to install it on my iPhone 4. I thought it will be very simple because my phone is factory unlocked although I have jailbreaked it a month ago. The firmware was downloaded from iTunes without any problem but the problem occurred when i tried to update my phone through iTunes.

The error message was "3194" which cancelled the whole process. When i googled the error message, i found that many people have faced this problem and most of them were saying that it was a problem with the apple server due to heavy traffic as iOS 5 was released yesterday. However, i found one post saying that it can be solved using a software called "tinyumbrella". So here's what i did to successfully install iOS 5 on my iPhone 4.

  • Download and install "tinyumbrella"
  • Connect your device 
  • Select your device from the left side
  • Press "Start TSS Server" button
  • Go to "Advance" tab and uncheck "Set hosts to Cydia on Exit"
  • Don't close tinyumbrella and keep "TSS Server" running
  • Open iTunes and press "Update" button to start installing the downloaded firmware
  • It will backup your device and will go to the "restore mode"
  • If an error occurs, close iTunes and unplug your phone and reconnect
  • This WORKED for me and i have successfully installed iOS 5
Following are some of the screen-shots of the new startup screen of iOS 5!!




1 comment:

jaheen said...

Nice. I'm gonna install it on mine soon. Guess I wouldn't have any problem as mine has never been jailbroken :)